We believe that prevention is the key to maintaining a healthy smile and body. Since we can’t always prevent decay and disease before forming, we also believe early diagnosis will help avoid discomfort and more extensive dental treatment in the future.
We offer a full-range of preventive dental services. Regular dental cleanings are an important part of your preventive dental program. At Avenue Dental we use the latest technology including intraoral cameras and digital x-rays to aid in diagnosing cavities, evaluating bone levels and infections in teeth and jaws.
It is recommended to have a dental check-up at least twice a year, sometimes more frequent visits are recommended.
During Your Preventive Dental Visit:
- Remove plaque and calculus deposits, which cannot be removed at home with regular brushing and flossing.
- Take digital radiographs (when necessary) to reveal tooth decay at an early stage, rather than after it is already visible to the naked eye or causing discomfort.
- Perform a hard tissue exam, inspecting the surfaces of your teeth for decay or other abnormal condition
- Perform a soft tissue exam, checking the health of the gums
- Do an oral cancer exam
- Review your current oral health and any findings during the exam. If treatment is required, Dr. Pantzis will provide you with options and answer your questions.
- Air polishing to aid in stain removal and removal of any biofilm on the teeth, followed with paste polish.
- If required, preform other preventative services, including sealants, fluoride application, and reviewing home care techniques.
An essential part of your preventive dental program
Home care is an essential part of your preventative hygiene routine. Our goals is to provide you with best home care instructions, and arm you with tools that will keep your teeth and gums healthy. Many of our patients have switched from manual brushes to Sonicare electric toothbrushes. Sonicare brushes provide one of the simplest brushing experiences, and for many patients, clean teeth better than when they use a manual brush.
We also have many patients that prefer the feel and convenience of Cocofloss. Cocofloss is a soft and gentle on your gums, but strong enough to remove plaque from between your teeth. It can be ordered on a subscription basis, which adds convenience and means you’ll never find yourself on that tiny last strand of floss.